Intercom requires special configuration actions outside of Authenticate. Please follow these steps to complete configuration for Intercom, and then return to your automation-guided task list in Authenticate.
1. Make sure you have added Intercom.io as an 'Approved Sender' in Authenticate for the domain you are configuring it for.
Note: If Intercom has not been approved, please do so now by selecting it from the ‘Service Name’ dropdown. For full instructions, read the ['Adding a service' guide].
2. Generate the DKIM keys by logging in to your Intercom Admin Console and follow this Intercom help article.
3. Return to Valimail Authenticate and click on Intercom in the Approved Sender list.
4. Click on ADD DKIM KEY
5. Fill out the information in the add a DKIM window, the selector by default will be intercom, and the DKIM key usually in the form of a CNAME target.
6. For Intercom, you will need to add an additional CNAME target record directly in your DNS, this is used to configure the return-path (bounce) address.
7. Once the additional CNAME target is added in your DNS, which is provided along with the DKIM key, you will need to return to the Intercom Admin Console to verify the records as outlined in this article.
8. Once you’ve completed these steps, you can begin sending authenticated email using Intercom.