Newton requires special configuration actions outside of Authenticate. Please follow these steps to complete configuration for Newton, and then return to your automation-guided task list in Authenticate.
1. Make sure you have added Newton as an 'Approved Sender' in Authenticate for the domain you are configuring it for.
Note: If Newton has not been approved, please do so now by selecting it from the ‘Service Name’ dropdown.
Newton (now owned by Paycor) uses SendGrid under the hood. The set up process is like a standard SendGrid activation. This is done through opening a ticket with Newton's Customer Support.
2. Newton will generate the proper DNS instructions for the activation. This will be a CNAME for SPF and two DKIM keys. The DKIM keys can be published through Enforce since the DKIM keys will be on the top level domain.
Note: Ensure that Newton generates unique DKIM selectors and does not use s1/s2
3. Newton support will provide you an SPF CNAME record which needs to be added as-is in your DNS
4. Return to Valimail Authenticate in order to publish the DKIM keys for Newton.
4.1 In the 'Senders' tab in Authenticate, click on Newton:
4.2 Then, click on 'Add DKIM Key':
4.3 Fill in the information for the CNAME records you need (one record at a time) to add and click on 'ADD':
5. Once the DNS changes are in place, notify Newton support and they can activate on their end.
Newton may ask for answers to
1. Does your organization use SendGrid currently, or do you have any other vendors sending email on your behalf via SendGrid?
2. Do you have any spam/firewall appliances that might reject emails sent on behalf of other email addresses? If so, please add our IP <x> to the whitelist for the appliance.
3. We need to confirm a complete list of email domains that your company uses.
Related Articles: Configuring SendGrid for Valimail Authenticate