Postmark requires special configuration actions outside of Authenticate. Please follow these steps to complete configuration for Postmark, and then return to your automation-guided task list in Authenticate.
1. Make sure you have added Postmark as an 'Approved Sender' in Authenticate for the domain you are configuring it for.
Note: If Postmark has not been approved, please do so now by selecting it from the ‘Service Name’ dropdown.
2. Postmark requires that you add a DKIM record to Authenticate. Once DKIM is set up and verified, emails sent through Postmark using the domain will be signed with DKIM. Postmark uses 1024-bit DKIM keys to sign emails.
To generate DKIM keys from Postmark follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your Sender Signatures tab on the Postmark portal.
- Under the domain you are adding DKIM authentication for, click DNS Settings or Add a DKIM DNS record.
- A DKIM record will be shown that needs to be added to Authenticate as a TXT record.
3. Add the DKIM key as a TXT record to Authenticate, like in the example below:
4. Once the record is added to Authenticate, DKIM will show as verified in your Postmark account within 48 hours. You can use the Verify button to initiate a manual verification check if you do not see the record automatically become verified. After the DKIM record is verified, we will begin signing emails sent through Postmark using this domain with DKIM.
5. Once you’ve completed these steps, you can begin sending authenticated email using Postmark.