Shopify requires special configuration outside of Authenticate. Please follow these steps to complete the configuration for Shopify, and then return to your automation-guided task list in Authenticate.
1. Make sure Shopify is added as an 'Approved Sender' in Authenticate for the domain you are configuring it for.
Note: If Shopify has not been added as an 'Approved Sender', please do so by navigating to the 'Senders' section and clicking the 'ADD SENDER FOR DOMAIN' button, then select Shopify in the drop-down menu and click 'ADD'.
2. Sign into your Shopify account and verify your email address. Use the following article for guidance:
3. Verify your domain in the Shopify dashboard by clicking 'Authenticate' on the Sender email page. A new window will open and provide four CNAME records that need to be published. Three of the records will be DKIM keys to add into Valimail and the fourth will be a delegation record for SPF for your own DNS. Here is an example of the records:
Note: If you are having trouble reaching this page, you can use the link below, make sure you enter your store name for it to work.
4. Add the three DKIM keys in Valimail Authenticate. Click on Shopify from the list of senders, then click on 'ADD DKIM KEY', set the 'Record type' to 'CNAME' and then enter the selector name, CNAME value and a comment if needed.
5. Publish the fourth CNAME record in your domain's DNS.
6. After all fours records have been published, it can take up to 48 hours for Shopify to verify your domain and start sending DMARC authenticated mail. If more than 48 hours pass and the domain is still not verified, please reach out to Shopify support.