This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Newton and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Newton as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Newton (Paycor) emails
- Add a Newton (Paycor) DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Newton (Paycor) emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Newton (Paycor) emails
1. Newton (now owned by Paycor) uses SendGrid under the hood. The setup process is like a standard SendGrid activation. This is done by opening a ticket with Newton's Customer Support.
2. Newton will generate the proper DNS instructions for the activation. This will be a CNAME record hosted in your DNS and two CNAME DKIM keys. The DKIM keys can be published through Enforce since the DKIM keys will be on the top-level domain.
3. The DKIM keys can be distinguished from having "_domainkey." in the hostname.
Ensure that Newton generates unique DKIM selectors and does not use s1/s2
4. Once the DNS changes are in place, notify Newton support and they can activate on their end.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Newton (Paycor), here.
Add a Newton (Paycor) DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the keys with Newton, and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Newton (Paycor) emails
Once you establish that Newton (Paycor) is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service to your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Newton from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.