Set Things Up in the Okta Platform
Follow guidance from Okta on adding an Identity Provider. Your goal is to notify Okta that you want to use SSO with Valimail and to get an IDP metadata file that you can upload into our platform.
The following attribute values are supported by Valimail:
Set things up in the Valimail platform
1. Be sure to add any users who should have access SSO access to Valimail, including the administrator user with which you are currently logged into Okta.
⚠️SSO testing will fail unless you add your user during this step and also ensure the user has already been added as a user in the Valimail Product under Account Settings.
2. In a new browser tab/window, go to https://app.valimail.com and login to Valimail with your username and password.
3. Click on your account name and click Account Settings.
4. In the Account Security section, click Setup.
5. In the Single Sign-on Configuration section, click Upload IDP metadata file.
6. Locate the XML file you saved in a previous step and upload it. You can drag and drop it or click Add IDP metadata file to open a browser to find your file.
7. Click Enable.
Test it Out
1. Testing IdP-initiated SSO: Open up a private/incognito window in your browser and go to the Microsoft Azure AD login portal, log in with your Okta credentials. If SSO was successful, you'll arrive at the Valimail home page for your account.
2. Testing SP-initiated SSO: Open up a private/incognito window in your browser and go to https://app.valimail.com and enter your Okta username (which is usually an email address). The password field will become disabled and you can click Log In with SSO. You will then be taken to the Okta login screen and the IdP-initiated login flow. If SSO was successful, you'll arrive at the Valimail home page for your account.